Re: [Swarm-Support] problems installing from CD

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] problems installing from CD
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:53:31 +0100

        Dear Matthew,

        I suppose that you are using my CD; you can now write directly to me <address@hidden>.

        This kind of problem (no initial home generation) is due to previous Windows setting.

        When you start Cygwin, what's the reply to 'pwd' ?

        Pietro

At 20.48 27/11/2004, you wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to install Swarm on a Windows XP Professional system from the CD, and I’ve had the following problems: after installing Cygwin, jdk, and Swarm, no “\home\username” directory is created in the Cygwin folder. I created the directory myself and unzipped the javatutorial, jheatbugs, jmousetrap, and swarmapps files inside it. When I enter the “make” command, I get an error message: “make: *** [all] Error 255”. When I enter “javaswarm StartHeatbugs”, I get “bash: javaswarm: command not found”. If anyone can make a suggestion of how to deal with this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Matthew D. Herron
University
of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721