[Swarm-Support] TimeStepping Problems and Questions.

From: Mervin Chan
Subject: [Swarm-Support] TimeStepping Problems and Questions.
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:48:55 +0800

I am using a Control Panel to step through my simulation. My Simulation actually runs without GUI. I just use the GUI control panel to step manually
through my simulation.

I understand that the "ObserverSwarm" encapsulates the "ModelSwarm".

My question is this:

I want to have a check at every iteration of my schedule, before allowing the simulation to proceed in time.

For example.

   My schedule does X actions.
   Based on the result of the actions, a status flag will be modified.
   if (status = true )
{
   getControlPanel().setStateNextTime();
}
else
{ repeat X actions again.
}

I have two problems:

1) I can only do "getControlPanel().setStateNextTime();" within ObserverSwarm. Is there a way I can do this from ModelSwarm? ie. ModelSwarm tells
   ObserverSwarm to step time.

2) How can I repeat the same actions within the next timestamp? ie Do X actions. Test condition Do X actions again. All within the same timestamp.