Re: [Swarm-Support] "nan" message

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] "nan" message
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

i don't know what the underlying problem is,
but note that NaN is, i think, short for "not a number".
In any case, it often comes up when a program does
a divide by zero or other math op that results
in an undefined result (ie, a result not in
the allowed range of bit values for floating point numbers).

So...perhaps the way you are initializing things
leads to some variable getting intialized as 0,
and then its used in a division?

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr