[Swarm-Support] Create phase in Java Swarm

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Create phase in Java Swarm
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:23:44 -0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Steve Railsback wrote:

I am having trouble building and using an EZBin in JavaSwarm...could somebody please post an example?

Sure, attached.

So Marcus, let me make sure I get this right:

To create and set a new object from the Java Swarm libraries, such as a graph:

a. Instantiate a *Impl object (where * could be "EZBin", etc.),
b. Instantiate a *CImpl object, passing it the *Impl object as a parameter,
c. Tell the *CImpl object to do createBegin, then use whatever set methods you need. d. Tell the *CImpl object to do createEnd, and it returns an object that conforms to the * protocol (but is an instance of *Impl??) e. Any subsequent "use" messages are sent to the object returned by createEnd.

Question:

If the *CImpl class has a "create" method, you can use it to create an object ready to use--if you don't need to do any of the stuff that's in createBegin? Could you instead just instantiate a *Impl object?

Thanks,

Steve
--
Lang Railsback & Assoc.