[Swarm-Support] adding perl to cygwin in swarm 2.2?

From: lpremo
Subject: [Swarm-Support] adding perl to cygwin in swarm 2.2?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:27:30 -0700

Hello,

This semester I've been working in Swarm 2.2 for the first time after
using 2.1 for a few years.  As far as I can tell, the version of cygwin
that comes along with the windows Swarm 2.2 install does not come with
the ability to run perl scripts, such as replicator.pl.  If this is
indeed the case, what do you recommend as the easiest way to add perl
to this version of cygwin?  I am aware of the install/update link on
cygwin.com, but i was reluctant to try that until i checked with some
other 2.2 users to see what you had done to run perl scripts.  Thank
you very much for your time,

Luke Premo
Anthropology
Arizona