[Swarm-Support] JavaSwarm Eclipse Heatbugs issue

From: Stephen Larson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] JavaSwarm Eclipse Heatbugs issue
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:15:54 -0700

Hi,

I'm having a problem that doesn't seem to have been reported yet using JavaSwarm under Eclipse and trying to run heatbugs.

I am running Eclipse 3.1.2, with the latest version of javaSwarm, and Java 1.5. I have set SWARMHOME to c:\Swarm-2.2-java and added appropriately to the PATH. I have installed jheatbugs according to the instructions for running a swarm module in the document by S. Lytinen and S. Railsback. I can run StartHeatbugs from Eclipse (no command line args) and get the basic GUI panels to come up. But when I hit the "start" button, i get the following problem:

Exception drawSelfOn: Heatbug
at jheatbugs.HeatbugObserverSwarm.buildObjects(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:231)
        at jheatbugs.StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:30)
(Tcl -eval:) couldn't read file "C:Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl": no such file or directory
   while executing
"source C:\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl"
while evaluating: source C:\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl

I checked to make sure that my SWARMHOME was set correctly, and it is. I tried permuting SWARMHOME to use a "/" or a "\\" instead but got the same error minus the verbage from Tcl. It appears that somewhere inside JavaSwarm, the SWARMHOME is getting improperly parsed before it is passed to Tcl. I'm guessing this might be a 1.4.2 to 1.5 incompatibility? Haven't yet tried it using a 1.4.2 compiler. Any advice before I start hacking around in the JavaSwarm/jheatbugs source?

Thanks,
--Stephen