Re: [Swarm-Support] JavaSwarm Eclipse Heatbugs issue

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] JavaSwarm Eclipse Heatbugs issue
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 07:51:55 -0700

Stephen Larson wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem that doesn't seem to have been reported yet using JavaSwarm under Eclipse and trying to run heatbugs.

Exception drawSelfOn: Heatbug
at jheatbugs.HeatbugObserverSwarm.buildObjects(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:231)
    at jheatbugs.StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:30)
(Tcl -eval:) couldn't read file "C:Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl":

I can tell you this much: the Exception statement starting on this last line ("Tcl -eval: ...") always occurs when running Swarm models in Eclipse, so you can ignore it.

It looks to me that you have Eclipse set up correctly; otherwise you would not have gotten the control panels. The Null pointer exception error could be real- could you somehow be trying to use a variable that has not been initialized?

Off the list I will send you a version of heatbugs that works for me.

Steve Railsback