Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm in Vista

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm in Vista
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:48:58 -0600

Steve Railsback wrote:
But the Cygwin we have Swarm installed in does not work in Vista?
At least you'd have to update the Cygwin DLL or the base package. But you should be able to do a normal Cygwn install from their web site and the use the "User URL" to point at the Swarm repository to get the Swarm-related packages. Don't do it where you can't afford to break things...
For 64 bit to work, the limitation is a 64-bit gcc? What do we know about when there might be one?
GCC and the rest of the compiler toolchain, yes. Not for at least a year, maybe more. (Wild guess.)