Re: [SPAM] [Swarm-Support] Swarm-2.2.4 compiled yesterday, RPMs for Fed

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [SPAM] [Swarm-Support] Swarm-2.2.4 compiled yesterday, RPMs for Fedora 7 posted. Swarmapps-objc update soon to follow
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:18:57 -0500

Pietro Terna wrote:
         Hi all,

         I've installed Paul's rpms (tnx to Paul) in a vm with Fedora 7.

         Fixing: in /usr/lib I've created
         ln -sf libhdf5.so.0.0.0 libhdf5.so
         to avoid a loader error about -lhdf5

         On heatbugs make runs without any error, but
         ./heatbugs
         gives

./heatbugs: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/swarm/libswarm.so.0: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

         Thanks for suggestions.

         Pietro

Sorry about that. The 2.2.4 RPM is a mess. It does not work for me, except on one system where I built it. I've downgraded to 2.2.3 rpms.

I have selinux disabled on my systems, so I don't see that same error you get. I'm pretty sure one you see is selinux related.

On my systems, swarm programs fail because they cannot find "registerClient". I keep meaning to look into it, but also keep hoping this is caused by some of the Macintosh suppport changes that have been going on and that it would fix itself.

Sorry, again

Dept. of Political Science            http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504