Re: [Swarm-Support] Basic Swarm to HDF5 question

From: Kerimcan Ozcan
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Basic Swarm to HDF5 question
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have
another question. I want to create my experimental
parameters and variable values (some agent variable
values) in R. These parameters and variable values
will be in the form of several vectors (e.g. a vector
for the age of each agent) and matrices (e.g. a social
network matrix) of possibly different types (integer,
double, character etc.). Then I will save them as one
HDF5 file (so that one file contains all
parameters/variable values for one experimental
configuration). Then I will read that file from within
SWARM.

For the simplest case consider this as my R file to
generate the HDF file:

# One vector for agent variables
pars <- rnorm(10);
# One matrix for social network
net <- rnorm(100);
dim(net) <- c(10,10);
# Put together as a list and saved in an HDF5 file
expData <- list(pars=pars,net=net);
attr(expData,"type") <- "List";
hdf5save("sup-ex.hdf","expData");

Now, I am at a loss as to how I would load this into
SWARM and access values inside the pars and net
components. In particular, how would you modify the
code given here:
http://www.swarm.org/pipermail/support/2005-May/014651.html

I would really appreciate your help.

Best,