[Swarm-Support] Make Check Fails

From: Kathleen Sprouffske
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Make Check Fails
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:26:19 -0400

Hello Swarm Support,

I've looked around for the answer to my problem in the archives of
this list as well as in the FAQ and haven't found much, at least that
I can relate to my current problem.  I'm no expert, but I have managed
to install Swarm from the source on another computer in the past (by
following the instructions).

We are working to install (Objective C only) Swarm and run into
problems during the "make check" step.  We are using the stable
release source: swarm-2.2.  We are trying to do the installation on a
64 bit server. GCC is version 3.4.6. Our configure command is:

./configure --host=x86_64-pc-none --with-tkscriptdir=/usr/share/tk8.4
--without-jdkdir

Everything is fine until 1 / 2 of tests fail in the defobj directory.
Specifically,

previous output from make check .....
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/swarm-2.2/tests/defobj'
PASS: archiver
FAIL: forwarding
1 of 2 tests failed

What are we doing wrong here? Is there more information I can provide
to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks so much for any insight you might have!
Kathleen