Re: [Swarm-Support] Still no success creating Java interface

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Still no success creating Java interface
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:57:58 -0500

Alois Komenda wrote:
Hi Paul,

wich distribution are theese packages built for? The Tcl/Tk packages and
some libraries in Debian 4.0 and Ubuntu 7.10 are too old.

--
Alois Komenda
Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Systeme der Kommunikationstechnik ESK

I don't know exactly which packages you are talking about.

But I do remember that the problem was caused by a bogus directory in the Sun JDK on Ubuntu. Look in your JDK in th ebin directory. You may find an empty directory i386/native_threads. That confuses the swarm configure statement and it tries to use that empty directory as the source. I just deleted that directory and after that I ran a clean configure/make of 2.2.5

pj

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086