Re: [Swarm-Support] Installing Swarm on CentOS 5.2 AMD64 box

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Installing Swarm on CentOS 5.2 AMD64 box
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:38:17 -0600

Hi Gary,

I tried building Swarm on Fedora 10 x86_64 but targeting i386. The error you mention, I believe you can fix with setting

CC="gcc -m32" OBJC="gcc -m32"

That is, specify the OBJC variable for `configure' as well. You may also need to pass "CPU=i386" to the toplevel make in order to get avcall built.

Doing these things, I get a complete build, but there seem to be other problems like crashes upon `Start'.

Fwiw, I do use a straight x86_64 build of Swarm for Objective C without trouble. (It's the forwarding of messages for Java x86_64 that needs work, otherwise it should be ok to use.)

Marcus