[Swarm-Support] "Can't find threads" while confuring for build

From: Jim Kusznir
Subject: [Swarm-Support] "Can't find threads" while confuring for build
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:28:33 -0800

Hi all:

I'm the cluster administrator for our college's cluster, and I'm
trying to install swarm as requested by our anthro researchers.  We
use Rocks 5.1, which is based on Centos 5.2.  As there are no prebuilt
rpms for CentOS 5.2, I'm attempting to rebuild the FC9 src.rpm for my
platform.  I've edited the .spec file to include the slightly modified
path to jdk 1.6.0, but when running configure, it still returns:

checking sys/sigevent.h usability... no
checking sys/sigevent.h presence... no
checking for sys/sigevent.h... no
checking for JDK... configure: error: Can't find threads

The configure command is:
configure --srcdir=/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.2.5
--with-defaultdir=/usr --prefix=/usr --with-bltdir=/usr/lib64/blt2.4
--with-jdkdir=/usr/java/latest --infodir=/usr/share/info
--libdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-onelib --enable-subdirs

Java Info:
address@hidden swarm-2.2.5]# rpm -qa |grep jdk
jdk-1.6.0_07-fcs

Ordinarily, I'd just go fix what it doesn't like, but unfortunately I
don't even know what test is failing....Checking for JDK -> cant find
threads is a bit ambiguous to me, unfortunately.  Can anyone shed some
light on what's going on here?

Thanks!
--Jim