Re: [Swarm-Support] errors in 'make' swarm-2.2 under windows XP

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] errors in 'make' swarm-2.2 under windows XP
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:38:48 -0700

butterfly44 wrote:
hello,
I am a new user of this simulation software, and I am anxious to use it as the tool to do my research. I have tried many times to install swarm-2.2 under windows XP, but failded. Here is my problem: When I installed the windows binaries distribution of objective-c,it seems all right. Then I './configure'the swarm-2.2, there seems no problem too.But then I type 'make' ,the following will appear:

make[2]: *** [avcall-i386.lo] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/swarm-2.2/avcall'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/swarm-2.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I do not understand this, but I do know that if you install the Windows version (Cygwin with Swarm in it) you do not have to configure or make Swarm. As long as your "Swarmhome" environment variable is set and the makefile for your model is set up correctly, the compiler will know where to find Swarm.

Did you find this page:
http://www.swarm.org/index.php/Windows_binary_notes

Steve Railsback