Re: [Swarm-Support] Pls bring me up to speed on gcc-4.7 and Swarm. Anybo

From: Jason L Tibbitts III
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Pls bring me up to speed on gcc-4.7 and Swarm. Anybody?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:06:53 -0500

PJ> On Fedora 17, we are provided with gcc-4.7.0.  I *thought*
PJ> everything Swarm was fine because I built and RPM and installed it
PJ> without any apparent trouble.

Well, gcc 4.7 no longer includes the obsolete Objc API, but I'm assuming
your packages just bundle the old one.

I'm going to guess that you're running into one of the issues detailed
at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/porting_to.html.  Namely, the reworking of
header dependencies to avoid namespace pollution.  Maybe try adding
#include <unistd.h> in the proper place.

 - J<