Re: [Swftools-common] swf 2 mpeg ??

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swf 2 mpeg ??
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:49:16 +0100

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:30:34PM +0100, gis wrote:
> I'm searching for software that would convert swf into mpeg2 file, or at
> least, video output.
>
> Does it exist any chance to do this, using a combination of swftools & mjpeg
> libraries ?

swftools does not yet have any rendering engine for SWF,
so swf2* converters (swf2png, swf2ps, swf2avi etc.) are not yet possible
using the existing library.

However, there are numerous tools out there which can do SWF->Video, e.g.
swf2avi (http://www.pizzinini.net/?language=en&category=8&item=37),
swf2video (http://www.flashants.com) or
SWiSH (http://www.swishzone.com).
They're all Windows though. Also I haven't tried any of them, so I can't
tell whether they are any good.

Greetings

Matthias