Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf compilation issues

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf compilation issues
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:21:34 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:14:33PM +1000, Jesse Harris wrote:
> checking for avifile-config... avifile-config
> checking whether we can compile the avifile test program... no
> * Couldn't compile the avifile test program.
> * Disabling avi2swf tool...

Seems there is something wrong with your avifile installation.

Please post the following:

1.) The output of
        avifile-config --version
2.) swftool's config.log file.

> I noticed, other users runing Gentoo Linux with this problem, but fail to
> see how they rectified it or if it is indeed the same solution.

avifile changes it's interface quite often (and doesn't seem to be able
to find a consens where the header files should go, especially
"version.h"), so issues do pop up quite often, yes.
swftools 0.5.1 does contain some additional compatibility code for newer
avifile versions though, so you *should* be able compile avi2swf,
provided your avifile installation is good (see above).

Greetings

Matthias