Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf: 24 bit image issue

From: dann
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf: 24 bit image issue
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:00:49 -0500

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:59:36 +0100
Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> > This is a copy of the original avi:
> > http://www.thelinuxlink.net/~dann/convertme.avi
>
> I see it, too. The avi seems to use some strange bit-depth or something
> that avifile cannot handle (correctly). I'm going to take a deeper
> look at this on the weekend.
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

This avi came into my possession because it could not be read on any other
machine than the one it was created on, and that being a windows machine.
I was able to run it in mplayer on my Linux box and do some conversions
and stuff with mencoder and transcode.  Originally the request was to
convert it to an mpeg1 video, but when I do so, if I include the sound I
cannot get it to again, play on any other OS.

I heard they ultimately wanted to put this in a flash so figured why not
avi2swf; and thus where we are today.  Really funky, but thanks for
looking into it.

--
Dann S. Washko
Lehigh Valley Linux Users Group