Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf: 24 bit image issue

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf: 24 bit image issue
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:20:56 +0100

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:00:49AM -0500, dann wrote:
> > I see it, too. The avi seems to use some strange bit-depth or something
> > that avifile cannot handle (correctly). I'm going to take a deeper
> > look at this on the weekend.

Ok, I can get it to play in aviplay, but no way to get any image out
of it using the avifile library.
Strange, according to the format it's 12 bit YUV, which avifile
seemingly can't handle.
Have you tried converting it around using transcode or avirecompress
and then running it through avi2swf again?

Greetings

Matthias