[Swftools-common] swfextract ADPCM and Font Output

From: Ian B. MacDonald
Subject: [Swftools-common] swfextract ADPCM and Font Output
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:43:27 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to decompile some flash (someone lost their source files)
and am having a few problems.  I am using Debian Sid with the following
packages:

ii  libfreetype6        2.1.7-2
ii  libfreetype6-dev    2.1.7-2
ii  t1lib-dev           1.3.1-9
ii  t1lib1              1.3.1-9
ii  libsndfile1         1.0.7-1
ii  libsndfile1-dev     1.0.7-1
ii  libavifile-0.7-dev  0.7.38.20030710-1
ii  libavifile-0.7c102  0.7.38.20030710-1
ii  g++                 3.3.3-2

Note 1:

The documentation cites the following example:

        Now you can extract a a sound using
        swfextract -s 28 myfile.swf -o sound.wav

However, I try this and receive the following output.

        ~/flash$ swfextract -s 205 flash.swf -o song.wav
        Sorry, can only extract MP3 sounds. Sound 205 is ADPCM or RAW.

Note 2:
When trying to use the font extracter, I receive a Segmentation Fault.
I have not drilled down on this yet, but figured perhaps someone has a
similar situation.

        ~/flash$ swfextract -F 5 flash.swf -o 5.font
        Segmentation fault

I may try removing t1lib, and/or freetype (if only one is required), and
rebuilding. I am also wondering if my versions have known dependency
issues.  I am also curious what format the fonts will be in (unless
'file' will tell me).

Any help appreciated,
Thanks,
Ian.