Re: [Swftools-common] swfextract ADPCM and Font Output

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfextract ADPCM and Font Output
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:48:10 +0100

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 03:43:27PM -0500, Ian B. MacDonald wrote:
> The documentation cites the following example:
>
>       Now you can extract a a sound using
>       swfextract -s 28 myfile.swf -o sound.wav
>
> However, I try this and receive the following output.
>
>       ~/flash$ swfextract -s 205 flash.swf -o song.wav
>       Sorry, can only extract MP3 sounds. Sound 205 is ADPCM or RAW.

Try the current CVS version of swftools-
I added some code to handle ADPCM and RAW samples.
You will need sox(1) to postprocess the sounds, though, as they will
be written out in the same format as they are in the SWF.

> Note 2:
> When trying to use the font extracter, I receive a Segmentation Fault.
> I have not drilled down on this yet, but figured perhaps someone has a
> similar situation.
>
>       ~/flash$ swfextract -F 5 flash.swf -o 5.font
>       Segmentation fault

That's interesting- could you upload "flash.swf" somewhere and post the
URL here? Thanks.

> I am also wondering if my versions have known dependency
> issues.  I am also curious what format the fonts will be in (unless
> 'file' will tell me).

They will be SWF, too, in a format readable by the librfxswf library.

Greetings

Matthias