[Swftools-common] Question

From: Christian Langis
Subject: [Swftools-common] Question
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:50:18 -0500

Hi there

My name is Chris and I briefly developped code for SWF files. We have here our own proprietary format which we export to SWF5 already. I thought exporting to SWF6 would be a piece of cake since all we (here) care about is compression. It turns out it is not so simple.

Can you explain how to do it?

What I currently do is take my SWF5 buffer, update the version tag from 5 to 6 and compress it all (past the first 8 bytes) using the "compress" function in the ZLIB. I does not work. The player (FlashPlayer7 plugin) would not show it.

Furthermore, I created a compressed (version 6) SWF with FlashMX and tried to reopen it with FlashPlayer6 but it would not open either?? Is there something fishy (not declared in the documentation) with compressed SWF?

Thanks for your time

--

Christian Langis

Software Developper @ ToonBoom