[Swftools-common] Can Font2SWF be used for making sIFR fonts?

From: Brett Bonfield
Subject: [Swftools-common] Can Font2SWF be used for making sIFR fonts?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:02:44 -0400

I've been looking for an open source tool that can be used to make SWF font files for the amazing sIFR

http://www.mikeindustries.com/sifr/

I thought perhaps Font2SWF, perhaps combined with Flasm

http://flasm.sourceforge.net/

might do the trick, but the SWF created by Font2SWF seems entirely different from the SWF created by Flash for sIFR. For the sake of comparison, the SWF file used in the official sIFR example page can be found here

http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/files/sifr/2.0/tradegothic.swf

If anyone has any insight into this issue I'd really appreciate learning your thoughts,

Brett