[Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?

From: Jacek Brzeski
Subject: [Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:25:39 +0200

Like in topic,
what's the best method to import from svg to swf? I got really complicated shapes in .svg format and I don't want to spend hours on copying them to .sc format and ensuring it will be read ok. What's the best method? I tried downloading and installing svg2swf, but it is very old (from 2001 I believe) and I had several problems. Actually, I coudn't do it on my debian sarge, my friend managed to compile all on his gentoo - but the script didn't work for my complicated files.

I'm thinking about some sort of svg -> pdf conversion and then pdf -> swf with the swfc tools. What do you think about that? And (if it's a good idea) is there a svg 2 pdf good tool (maybe without java, the best would be to download it from packages for debian).

I'm producing svg files in inkscape, so they should be in correct svg format.

TIA,
Jacek