Re: [Swftools-common] can pdf2swf create Flash 9 / AVM2 movies?

From: Maarten Engelen
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] can pdf2swf create Flash 9 / AVM2 movies?
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:46:50 +0100

Hi John,

Are you trying to create a flex app similar to Digital Editions app by
adobe?

Not quite. The application is developed to do time registration and invoicing. The pdf viewer is for the preview of generated invoices and reports.

This solution should help you with using AVM1 movies in AS3 ;)
http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1964550

It mentions the method with a LocalConnection. I'm aware of this, but it essentially makes me implement parts of my application logic in my data objects. Next to that I need some access to the movieclip itself, because I want to change the representation of the generated swf. This can all be done from within the generated swf with a viewer, but I rather do it all from within flex and actionscript 3. :)

Cool forum topic, btw.

I don't know if AVM2 are supported yet in pdf2swf.

I can set the flashversion flag to version 9, but that didn't help.

Maarten.