[Swftools-common] gif2swf image invert bug...

From: Rob Stewart
Subject: [Swftools-common] gif2swf image invert bug...
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:37:47 -0000

Hi.
  I've discovered that with gif2swf (swftools 0.7 on windows) and certain GIF
images the output SWF colours are inverted.

  For example, the command...

gif2swf -o out.swf in.gif

  If the 'in.gif' image is black text on a white background (32 colour palette
- shades of gray) then the out.swf is white text on a black background.

  Of course this only happens on certain files. I have some files that I can
email anyone on request for test purposes, but you might be able to reproduce
the issue without them. So rather than clog up your in-boxes, here's a
description of what I think is going wrong...

  If the bottom right most pixel of my test GIF image is black the colours
invert, if it's white it does not. Alright, the image software I've used to
adjust that single pixel may have caused other things to change, but as I've
said above - if you need these images to check just email me.

  Fixing this bug would be much appreciated.

Rob Stewart (address@hidden)