[Swftools-common] edittext with fill or clip ?

From: taistoiathos
Subject: [Swftools-common] edittext with fill or clip ?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 07:45:26 -0000

Hello,
  first of all thank you for the great software.

I have just discovered that I can't use edittext with either fill or clip
(more precisely, what I would like to do is to make a flash movie with a
"hidden" background image which becomes more and more apparent while one types
in a text).  If I try .fill, then swfc complains that the outline is not
defined, if I try .startclip then swfc compiles, but all I get is the image.

I wonder if it is simply a limitation of the flash format,  or if it is a
problem with swfc (I use 0.8.0).  In either case, would there be a workaround to
this problem ?

Thank you in advance.