Re: [Swftools-common] Re: compiling swftools-0.8.1 on windows

From: Novice Programmer
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: compiling swftools-0.8.1 on windows
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:18:57 +0530

finally i got the pdf2swf compiled on ming. here are problems which i fell into.. may be you can save some time.. i started with the installation from .. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2005-02/msg00023.html

1. the newer setups of the libraries listed on the above page dont have statically linked libraries so if you want to link libraries statically to pdf2swf either build all the above said libraries or you link them dynamically and push them into windows/system32 for pdf2swf to launch.

2. the problem with newer declaration of function unlink in stdio.h differs from what is being externd in xpdf/stream.cc.. change the declartion of the function to match what is being given in stdio...

3. Dont miss to change config.h in pdf directory to say #defined boolean unsigned char. if you dont do this then libjpeg will bounce back to you if pdf contains jpeg when you execute pdf2swf on such a file.

4. its easier to do the process on cygwin's full installation. All the libraries and static versions come along with the cygwin install only.

5. Read the errors carefully.. :).

Hope it helps.

Thanks