[Swftools-common] AS3 Call a function in parent SWF

From: Benedikt Quirmbach
Subject: [Swftools-common] AS3 Call a function in parent SWF
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:26:18 +0200

Hi,

I try to build a reader app in Flex.

This reader will load SWFs as book pages that I create with SWFTools.

In this book pages are a lot of buttons. When clicked these buttons should call a funktion that resides in the reader app.

Example:
In page swf is a button named buttonxyz.
I create an action that bindes an eventlistener to this button that calls the function show_info:
buttonxyz.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, show_info)

The function show_info resides in the reader, not in the page swf.
When called the function will extract the EventTarget (name of the clicked button) and make some action.

2 Questions:
How can I make SWFs with AS3 in SWFTools?
How must the EventListener look in the page swf that it calls the function in the reader correctly?

Thanks for every tipp
Benedikt