Re: [Swftools-common] AS3 Call a function in parent SWF

From: Jayson
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3 Call a function in parent SWF
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:43:34 -0400

If your Flex application is using an HTML wrapper, there is a potential workaround.

You might be able to use ExternalInterface to call a java function in the HTML wrapper from the book page, that function can then pass whatever you need to a function inside the parent application.

So basically -- Page with button > java in wrapper > parent application.

The only reason this wouldn't work is if you can't use ExternalInterface from a swf within an swf.

It's definitely worth a try though.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:26:18AM +0200, Benedikt Quirmbach <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2 Questions:
> How can I make SWFs with AS3 in SWFTools?

pdf2swf -T9 file.pdf -o file.swf

However, right now, buttons don't work with AS3- I'm working
on it.
A workaround is to iterate through all the buttons in
the source file and assign an AS3 action to each. (The button's
URL is also the button name)

Greetings

Matthias