[Swftools-common] positioning of objects, swfc, linux

From: peter kostov
Subject: [Swftools-common] positioning of objects, swfc, linux
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:02:26 +0300

Hi Matthias,

I have a question about positioning an objects. I use swfc from
swftools-2008-06-08-1156 and have the following script:

.flash bbox=290x250 version=7 fps=15 name="weekly_editorial.swf"
compress background=#ffffff

.jpeg pic "decoracii.jpg"

        .sprite layer1
                .frame 1
                .put pic x=0 y=0
        .end

.frame 1
.put layer1

.frame 2

.end

As you can see I am .put-ing a picture on x=0 y=0, but in the resulting
file the picture seems to be almost randomly placed. It is not on 0,0.
How can I set the exact position when I place objects? Maybe there are some principles for positioning that I do not understand? As I know every object inherits the coordinate system of its parent, right? So the parent of sprite layer1 should be the movie itself, the 'stage', or not?
And the sprite should begin at 0,0 - the upper left corner.
One more thing If I try to give the picture an offset, regardless of the sign before the number the picture is always shifted to the right, eg. x=100 and x=-100 give me the absolutely same effect. That is strange for me. If I use pin=center then I can shift the picture to the left with x=-100, but the first issue remains. What are the other options for pin in the latest swftools (swftools-2008-07-27-1136)?

I am attaching a sample swf file and the original picture.

Any help will be very much appreciated,
Peter

--

-------