[Swftools-common] Fonts and .edittext

From: Doc Clox
Subject: [Swftools-common] Fonts and .edittext
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:42:38 +0100

Hi all,

I started playing with swfc a week or so ago and I'm hooked. Much more
my style than Adobe Flash. Although I am having a little trouble
getting the edittext fields to display the font I want. I managed to
narrow it down to  a simple test case.

>.flash filename="2fonts.swf"  version=8
>
>       .sprite banner
>               .font           stripey "font1swf"
>               .edittext       banner_content
>                               text=""
>                               font="stripey"
>                               height=50
>                               width=400
>                               variable=message
>               .put            banner_content  y=100
>               .action:
>                       this.message = "hello";
>               .end
>       .end
>
>       .sprite field
>               .font           xterm   filename="font2.swf"
>               .edittext       field_content
>                               text=""
>                               font="xterm"
>                               height=50
>                               width=400
>                               variable=message
>               .put            field_content   y=100
>               .action:
>                       this.message = "goodbye";
>               .end
>       .end
>
>       .put banner y = 100
>       .put field  y = 200
>
>.end

What I'd expect here is to see both fields displayed, each in their
own fonts. What happens is that they both use the first font
specified. Stranger still, the edittext only renders characters that
are in the banner string; so "goodbye" appears as "ooe", and in the
wrong font.

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood something basic?

--
dcx