Re: [Swftools-common] png2swf Security.allowDomain

From: Adam Perry
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] png2swf Security.allowDomain
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:35:38 +0000

Hi Matthias

Thank you for your reply!

I did try using swfc but for some reason, I couldn't get Security.allowDomain to work - it did not compile properly.

The error I get is,

        "Couldn't resolve 'Security', doing late binding"

Then when I play the movie in Flash Player, it fails with,

        "ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable Security is not defined.
                at global$init()"

I have come up with an interim solution - but it's cheating: I create a basic SWF in Flash CS3, which calls Security.allowDomain on the first frame. I saved that (its about 400 bytes).

Then I use png2swf to generate the PNG animation, and swfcombine to merge this with the basic SWF.

I think its cheating - as I had to use CS3 - but it seems to work!!

Thanks,

Adam.