Re: [Swftools-common] stop long sound

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] stop long sound
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:58:20 +0000

>2009/11/23 Matthew Morgan <address@hidden>:
>

> Chris Pugh wrote:
>>
>> Because the sounds are triggered in your sprites, and are thus local
>> to your sprites, and not to the main movie?
>> As a result all you are doing is overlayering the same sounds on top
>> of one another, raher than actually stopping
>> them.
>>
>> Try giving this a quick read..
>>

>> http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/media/SoundMixer.html
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Chris.
>>

> Thanks Chris.  I read the link, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to
> get the actionscript sound functions to work.  I've tried just doing stuff
> like:
>
> var mySound = new Sound();
> mySound.load(new URLRequest("mysound.wav"));
> mySound.play();

> But nothing happens.  I assumed that meant I needed to import the right
> namespaces, but I can't get that to work either.  I saw an example herewf2

Try it this way..: ( 'loadSound' only handles mp3 files ).

.flash filename="filename.swf" bbox=200x200 version=8 fps=50 compress

.action:
var mySound = new Sound();
mySound.loadSound("mysound.mp3",false);
// mySound.play();
// mySound.stop();
.end
.end

or, try it this way,

.flash filename="filename.swf" bbox=200x200 version=8 fps=50 compress
.sound wavfile "mysound.wav"
.action:
    var mySnd = new Sound();
    mySnd.attachSound("wavfile");
    mySnd.start();
.end
.end

> showed using the package{ } syntax, but I can't get swfc to compile that.
>  Even copying and pasting that code into a file doesn't work.  Swfc trips
> out when it hits the "package" token.

AS3 handles things slightly differently.  You don't need the package wrapper
when writing in swfc.  You do need it if compiiing with as3compile.

I write a whole raft of sound stuff, when I was experimenting - basic stuff,
through to a small, but useful, meda player.  If you'd care for a few more
examples then let me know.  I'll dig them out and revise them.  Could always
post them on the wiki.. ;o)

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.