[Swftools-common] Text selection fails

From: Sean Laurent
Subject: [Swftools-common] Text selection fails
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:05:25 -0600

I'm using pdf2swf 0.9.0 and I can successfully convert and display a large
variety of PDFs. However, I can't seem to select any text:

---snip---
var clip:MovieClip = ldr.content as MovieClip;
clip.textSnapshot.setSelected(10, 20, true);
trace("selectedText: " + clip.textSnapshot.getSelectedText(false));
---snip---

The trace output from the snippet above is always empty - nothing is selected.
I've tried all kinds of variations, but nothing works.

-Sean