Re: [Swftools-common] Text selection fails

From: Sean Laurent
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Text selection fails
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:51:26 -0600

Thanks. That solved my first problem. Now text selection works in that I can
call setSelected() and getSelectedText() returns the selection as expected. Woo
woo!

Unfortunately, highlighting is not working. I can select text just fine, but
the expected border doesn't appear around the selected text. I'm convert from
pdf using the following options:

pdf2swf -T9 -f -G -o file.swf file.pdf

I've tried it with and without flattening (-G). Neither seems to make a
difference.

My Flex code looks something like the following:

private function searchDocument(searchText:String, startPos:int = 0) : void {
  var matchLocation:int = _mainClip.textSnapshot.findText(startPos, searchText,
false);
  var clip:MovieClip = ldr.content as MovieClip;

  var text:TextSnapshot = clip.textSnapshot;
  text.setSelected(matchLocation, matchLocation + searchText.length, true);
  text.setSelectColor(0xffcc33);
  trace("selectedText: " + text.getSelectedText(false));
}

I've tried leaving the selection color as the default (0xFFFF00) or changing it
around, but no luck. The trace lines shows me that it's finding and selecting
matches. But nothing gets highlighted. :(

Any suggestions?

-Sean