Re: [Swftools-common] Problem executing this Command on Linux Server

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem executing this Command on Linux Server
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:09:15 +0000

2009/12/8 Tariq Zubairy <address@hidden>:

> @Richardo, thanks for memory_limit tip. this solved one other issue.
>
> When I run following command on command line under same user, it prints PDF
> info quickly.
> pdf2swf '-I' '-Q' '240' '-vvv' abc.pdf
>
> but when same command is executed from PHP it prints following and then
> aborts.
>
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 1
> Error: Couldn't create a font for 'BAAAAA+LiberationSerif-
> Regular'
> Error: Couldn't create a font for 'BAAAAA+LiberationSerif-Regular'
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 2
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 3
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 4
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 5
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 6
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 7
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 8
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 9
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 10
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 11
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 12
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 13
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 14
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 15
> VERBOSE Generating info structure for page 16
> FATAL   Aborting rendering after 240 seconds
>
> any help or any way of getting exact information why process hangs ?
>
> Thanks,

How many actual pages in the pdf?  Is it just 16 that is is causing the block?
What happens if you use the, -p page range, option and try 16 on it's own,
or start from 17 and ff?

Odd output to.  Using something like

<?php
   print exec ("pdf2swf [etc,etc]");
?>

with the verbose option gives me something like, for example,

page=1 width=595.00 height=841.00
page=2 width=595.00 height=841.00
page=3 width=525.00 height=640.00

If you suspect it's PHP causingproblems, have you checked the error
and other logs
( see contents of php.ini )?

Regards,

Chris.