Re: [Swftools-common] how to use swfcombine to combPine swfviewer with a

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] how to use swfcombine to combPine swfviewer with a swf generated from pdf2swf
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:09:14 +0100

> > If further pointers are still required then maybe I should update and/or
> > simplify
> > the relevant wiki page so any other newcomers can also benefit?
> >

> Chris,
>
> I appreciate you have taken out time to answer my questions and your answers
> are helfpful for me to generate a simple viewer now I want to move to the
> next level.

Don't we all ( whatever/wherever that happens to be ). ;o)

> Where can I find the complete documentation of all the features
> supported by swftools, like searching in the swf file, maximizing to the
> full screen, selecting of text. Can I create something similar to
> http://flexpaper.devaldi.com/. they have a very good look and feel.

Yes, you certainly could.  Perfectly possble.

Check the SWFTools wiki.  Has examples and many links to everthing:

        http://wiki.swftools.org

Several have been there before you with experiments, so also worth trawling
the mailing list archive for references:

http://lists.nongnu.org/unavailable.html

( was down for maintenance last time I checked. Try to pick up from Gmane
or similar )

Also, since most ( though not all ) Actionscript 2/3 commands are supported
through swfc and as3compile, the Adobe swf documentation is also very
informative.  Here is a link for the AS2 Language reference,

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flash_10.0/help.html?content=Part2_AS2_LangRef_1.html

I have also have some viewer code experiments snippets stashed on this old
laptop of mine.  Maybe I'll get them off and onto the wiki when I have this
promised Media Player off it as well! Hmm..

HTH.

Regards,

Chris
--