Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf skip images

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf skip images
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:22:07 +0000

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:26:45 +0000
> Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to convert a pdf to a swf and to ignore all >>images
>>> contained
>>> in the pdf ?
>>
>> No, but...
>>
>> it can be easily done developing a filter.
>> A filter is a feature that appear only in version 0.9.1
>> and I think it's not documented.
>
> In which case, perhaps a few lines posted at an appropriate
> position on the SWFTools wiki, would be a very good idea?

Yep, but it should go in first place into "pdf2swf -h".
I don't know why it's not in pdf2swf help page. One reason could be
that Matthias don't have the feature in the state he wants, so don't
"officially support" - I don't know... just guessing.

By the way I just found the filters when trying to solve Guillaume Simard
specific problem.

I just found also that there is a textonly parameter that is already
in the development snapshots but not in 0.9.1 that can be used like this:
pdf2swf -s textonly doc.pdf
It will render only the text.

Ricardo