Re: [Swftools-common] Text format changes when scaling SWF file

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Text format changes when scaling SWF file
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:34:26 +0100

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:34:43 +0100
Dieudon Egstorf <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Support,
>
> I am experiencing a problem with a certain PDF or SWF file.
> When we convert the PDF (which can be downloaded with the link below) the
> format of the text of the SWF file is wrong when this is viewed at 100%. When
> we scale the SWF to 150% the text is displayed correct.
>
> The problem is that the prices in the document should be italic.
> At 100% of the size the prices are not italic.
>
> http://depositfiles.com/files/rpxf3kt27
>
> Can you help me with this problem?

Dieudon,

Looked at the swf file in your zip. The red ( foreground ) text
in the large flashed prices is in a different position to white
( shadow ) text. But, this is the case no matter what the zoom
status happens to be.

I did a simple convert on the supplied pdf, i.e.

   pdf2swf -o pages.swf pages.pdf

The result?  Both pdf and swf match perfectly ( at least to my
eyes ).  The convert was under linux, with the pdf2swf from
swftools version 2010-08-14-1108

What version did you use?

mvg,

Chris.