Re: [Swftools-common] png2swf framerate question

From: Anderson Reinkordt
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] png2swf framerate question
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:16:42 -0600

Chris,

Thanks for responding. I think that it is actually a different problem now. I am using Prezi to create a slideshow. It seems no matter what I set the framerate to with swftools to .5, for example and, when I load the file in Prezi, it always appears at the same rate.

Is it also possible that there is a difference in setting a zero before the decimal? Also, I noticed that your -r option was placed before the -o option. Can options be placed in any order within their section of the line?

I am running swftools under Linux.

While I have you... Have you used swftools to create an swf from an audio file?

Thanks for your help.

Ande

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 09:37:59 -0600
Anderson Reinkordt <address@hidden> wrote:

> I understand that, to create an SWF from a set of PNGs, the following basic
> command works:
>
> *png2swf -o pngmovie.swf image1.png image2.png image3.png*
> *
> *
> My question has to do with the *framerate* option. I understand that I the
> option for this is *-r [framerate in framespersecond]*, so:
>
> png2swf -o pngmovie.swf -r 10 image1.png image2.png image3.png
>
> My question is; how to I describe the value as less than 1 fps? For what I
> am trying to do, this is too fast. Using decimals did not seem to work. Is
> there a specific way or is this possible? Am I missing something on the
> manpage?
>
> I will keep plugging away. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

It does seems to be a wee bit uncertain sometimes, but, the decimal point
works aok for me, i.e.

    png2swf -r 0.1 -o combined.swf ?.swf

( this was under linux ).

Does your install not let you specify the command this way??

Regards,

Chris.