Re: [Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 01:02:30 +0100

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 23:39:32 +0000
Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:

> > You read the Format specification page too then?  There's more.. ;o)
>
> Didn't read that part, I just read parts of it when I need some info.

As do I.  Bit of a heavy document to swallow. ;o)

> But the quote you post makes sense and explains what is happennig.

I think that is the case yes.  As to the 100% load on Pablo's machine?
Can't see that as being a direct result of converting with swftools.
That is unless he has very, very, buggy software on his system.  The
hardware I tested is old and slow, and it coped perfectly.

> >> Do the conversion of the pdf with:
> >>
> >> pdf2swf -O1 file.pdf
> >>
> >> or  -O2 or -O3
> >
> > Yes, I've been meaning to ask.. What exactly do those three parameters do
> > Ric?  Not documented.
>
> They are shortcuts to:
> O1) -s poly2bitmap
> O2) -s poly2bitmap -s bitmapfonts
> O3) -s poly2bitmap -s bitmapfonts -s ignoredraworder

Ahh.. Thank you.

> And when we go backward the player needs to begins on frame1
> and process all tags until it reaches the desired frame to be able to
> give you a correct display.

.. and there was an embedded soundtrack to deal with as well. All too
much for it I think.

> Note that this is just my conclusion after a little research that was
> triggered by the quote you post from the swf specification.
> So take it with a little of salt. I may be wrong.... but I guess I'm
> not ;)

I'm sure you are not.

I tried the whole thing a different way as an experiment - that link I
sent you. Splintered Pablo's file into individual and independent swfs,
one for each frame.  Works a treat that way, even when embedding multiple
swfs and flvs in some of the individual swfs.  Solves more problems than
it causes..

Chris.