Re: [Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:46:50 +0100

On 02/12/2011 10:51 PM, Ricardo Pedroso wrote:
2011/2/12 Pablo Rodríguez<address@hidden>:
On 02/12/2011 12:10 AM, Chris wrote:

Now you know why there is a massive delay.  It's a bit like having to re-
read all the currently read pages of a book, just to assimilate the next
one.  If it happens to be relatively large book ( file ), then not to put
a finer point on it, you are up jolly old this creek without the aid
paddle.

If frame displaying is cumulative, advancing frames should be slower than
going back to previous frames, because there is (one or more frames) less to
read. And this isn't the case.

No. As I understand when you go back the flashplayer need to read all the frames
starting from frame 1 until the one to be displayed.

Thanks for your reply, Ricardo.

This was my conjecture in my next message to the list. So we agree.

In my opinion, this is a flaw in the Flash player.

Do the conversion of the pdf with:

pdf2swf -O1 file.pdf

or  -O2 or -O3

and see if that helps with the backward issue

It helps, but graphics quality is much worse.

I'd rather disable the previous slide feature than use bitmap images.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk