Re: [Swftools-common] Use of obsolete NAMECHARACTER

From: Jos Castellani
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Use of obsolete NAMECHARACTER
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:58:13 +0100

The best I could find, was this piece of information:
http://www.m2osw.com/swf_tag_namecharacter

It says:
"Define the name of an object (for buttons, bitmaps, sprites and sounds.)"
and:
"Intended to name objects so one can reference them in an ActionScript.
Instead, PlaceObject2 was used which is better since one object can be placed
multiple times in your display list and each should have a different name."

I didn't read the whole source code of SWFTools, though. Maybe it would make
everything more obvious.

(NAMECHARACTER is not the only obsolete tag supported by SWFTools)