[Synaptic-devel] Re: apt/synaptic improvements

From: Mike Snitzer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: apt/synaptic improvements
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:00:22 -0700

On Sun, Mar 02 2003 at 15:46,
Mike Snitzer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Using synaptic v0.32 I can't search for any characters in the package
> name; all that seems to work is sequential searches from the start of the
> package name.
>
> The search filter doesn't appear to be able to accomodate regular
> expressions; I don't know if it should or if its planned? if matching for
> a particular pattern, anywhere in the package name is a possibilty how is
> this feature made available to the user?

this question still stands =)

BUT, I resolved this next bit of concern:

> As a side note:  when I try to add a "New" filter in the "Filters..."
> creation window; it creates a filter named 'A New Filter' (disregarding
> the name I wanted it to be).  After I create the filter accordingly; I
> click Save; and exit the "Filters..." window.  I then attempt to make use
> of my newly created filter and when I do synaptic crashes.  Are custom
> filters unsupported at this point?

I realized you click 'New' then change the name after you've created the
New Filter instance.  And the reason that my filter died is I attempted to
filter the name with a regex (would be a nice feature =).

Regardless, Sorry about the user error noise.

Mike