Re: [Synaptic-devel] My suggestions!

From: Rex Dieter
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] My suggestions!
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:15:18 -0500

On Friday 06 June 2003 8:48 am, sindre pedersen wrote:

>  using the rpm enabled apt and synaptic (the package
> from freshrpms.net). I have experienced that rpm hangs when I have
> synaptic open, and I have to close synaptic to do an rpm -ivh or similar
> to install something new. This is not really a big problem, but quite an
> annoyance.

This is true of apt much of the time too.  When it is running, it keeps the
rpm database open and locked, preventing most other uses of rpm as well.

> I also miss a "New packages" filter, when there are updates, and there
> are all the time, I would like to see the new packages avalable easily.

Have you tried the "upgrade/upgrade-all" button?  (-:  It will
mark/highlight all packages that are available and newer than what you
currently have installed.

-- Rex