[Synaptic-devel] Problem with UTF-8 again

From: Sviataslau Svirydau
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Problem with UTF-8 again
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:36:29 +0200

Hello,

There is again problem with UTF-8 in synaptic. See attached screenshot.

This warning window appeared when I tried to install package with incomplete
dependencies.
Seems like synaptic got localized message from libapt-pkg and then again
converted it to
UTF-8. It's interesting, that word "Depends" was displayed correctly.
When I using apt, I have whole this message in russian.

And in english it looks like:

==========================
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

 gnome2-utils-gnome-system-log: Depends: pam2(system-auth)
                                Depends: pam_rootok.so.2 but it is not
installable
                                Depends: pam_xauth.so.2 but it is not
installable