Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.47pre1

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.47pre1
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:18:23 +0200

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 01:21, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op maandag 24 november 2003 11:40, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > t would be great if you could test this pre-release and report
> > problems. If I get no complains, this will become 0.47 in two days :)
>
> Seems to work okay here.

Ditto here (Fedora Core 1)

> > Beside some translation updates and i18n fixes we have some UI
> > improvements (in the common tab and the Summary Window) and a nicer
> > looking popup-menu now.
>
> These are another set of nice and welcome changes.  1 question/remark though
> is it possible to ifdef out the option "remove including configuration" in
> the popup window for rpm based systems. As far as I know it is not possible
> to choose to leave or to remove config files on rpm based systems.

Hum, maybe I'm a bit dense (or it's just that I'm only having my
mornings first coffee atm :) but I can't find that button anymore on
0.47pre1. OTOH while looking for that noticed another "silly" item - if
you are only removing packages it doesn't make much sense to have
"Download packages only" toggle button active.

BTW Gustavo, the package removal progress meter doesn't make much sense
with internal apt-rpm PM, it's now showing "Preparing to install
packages..." on removal as well. Maybe the whole text should be changed
if RPM::PM == internal to something like "Preparing to make requested
changes" or similar?

        - Panu -