[Synaptic-devel] Re: Default labels

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: Default labels
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:28:52 +0100

Am Mi, den 26.11.2003 schrieb Jean-Michel POURE um 16:33:
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks for the update. The French translation is finished.
> I am reviewing the source and target strings.
>
> Here are some questions/remarks:
>
> 1) Upgrade or Removal settings
>
> "Default remove:"
> -> "Package removal behavior:"
>
> "Default system upgrade:"
> -> "System upgrade behaviour:"
>
> The label cannot be "defaut remove" or "defaut system upgrade" because it is
> precisely the question here. Which upgrade or removal does the user want?
>
> On the converse, if you ask "What is the behavior?", the answer can be
> "default" or any custom settings...

I will change this in the next release.

> 2) Fonts
>
> "Custom application font"
> -> "Application font"
>
> "Custom shell font"
> -> "Shell font"
>
> Same here. The answer can be "Defaut".

Not really. Two choose a custom font involves two steps:

 1. activate the use of a custom font with the checkbox
 2. open the font chooser and actually choose the font

"Custom app font" is not only a description - it is an option itself.

"Terminal font" is the GNOME term. I want to be consistent with the
gnome font properties.